- Redesign of the Information System of GSIS (General Secretariat for Information Systems) to provide secure electronic services to internal and external users based on a Public Key Infrastructure, 2009-2010
Main tasks: Design of PKI services, redesign of existing services in order to adopt PKI mechanisms and benefit from them, study of new potential for interoperability between GSIS systems thank to the new PKI services.
- Security of the Greek Integrated Customs Information System Network (ICISNet), General Secretariat of Information Systems, 2008
Main tasks: Research Associate. Design of the security countermeasures to be implemented, satisfying the respective Risk Analysis performed on ICISNet and protecting ICISNet.
- Security Analysis for the Information System of the Hellenic Foundation for Social Security (ISS), Hellenic Foundation for Social Security 2002.
Main tasks: Research Associate. Study of the vulnerabilities and the respective security threats to the Information System of the Foundation for Social Security. Analysis of requirements and respective actions to be taken by the Foundation for Social Security. Development of a Security Policy for the Foundation for Social Security.
- Development and operation of a TTP infrastructure and services, in the framework of the Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI) Clearing House Development Programme, (1999-2000). Work subcontracted by Intracom, contract C02/99/0284.
Main tasks: Research Associate. Requirements analysis, design (UML) and implementation (MS VC++, cryptographic libraries, COTS base PKI software) of a Public Key Infrastructure (Certification Authority, Registration Authority, Timestamping and Notary services, Web and LDAP interface to the PKI services), operating at the ACCI Clearing House.
- Development and pilot operation of a TTP infrastructure and services, Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry (ACCI), Clearing House Development Programme, (1997-1998).
Main tasks: Research Assistant, Analysis of requirements for a Trusted Third Party, operating at the Athens Chamber of Commerce and Industry, implementation, pilot deployment and pilot testing of the TTP, conducted a seminar for the ACCI TTP staff regarding the administration of the implemented TTP infrastructure.
- Automated Generation and Execution of Test Suites for Distributed Component-based Software (AGEDIS), IST-1999-20218, European Commission, 2001-2003
Main tasks: Project Management of the part of the contract undertook by Intrasoft Intl (Project Leader), software project management of tools for automated software testing.
- A Transport Information Agent for accessing the different ETIS data sources (ETIS-Agent), GMA2-2001-52035, GROWTH Programme, European Commission, 2003-2005.
Main tasks: Project Management, software project management for a software collecting and monitoring transport information from a variety of heterogeneous transport sources.
- Delivery of Mediterranean Destination Links in Unified Environments (DAEDALUS), EUMEDIS-311, European Commission, 2002-2005
Main tasks: Project Management of the part of the contract undertook by Intrasoft Intl (Project Leader), software project management of a tourist portal.
- Training on Information Technology in Southeastern Europe (TrainSEE), IST-2000-28181, DG Information Society, European Commission, 2001-2003.
Main tasks: System Administration of a SUN Solaris Server and an e learning platform, that was setup in this project to offer IT e learning services to trainees throughout Southeastern Europe.
- Electronic Court: judicial IT-based management (e Court), IST-2000-28199, DG Information Society, European Commission, 2002-2003.
Main tasks: Management of the part of the project undertook by Intrasoft Intl, improving the schema of the database that is being used by judicial personnel to store and retrieve multimedia judicial information.
- 6. Secure Mobile Payment Service (SEMOPS), EU Research Contract, IST Project, IST-2001-37055, IST-2001-37055D, European Commission, 2002-2004
Main tasks: Technical Management of the project, Quality Assurance of the project deliverables, creating UML diagrams (UML artifacts) in the process of design and analysis of the payment service.
- Security Critical Applications Based on Open Source Internet Protocols (SECRETS), EU Research Contract, IST Project IST-2000-29289, Accompanying Measures, European Commission, 2000-2002
Main tasks: Technical Management of the project, Quality Assurance of the project deliverables, applied research in the domain of Software Engineering in order to develop a framework for the evaluation of open source security software, management of a group of developers that implemented application prototypes using open source software, which were evaluated with the aforementioned evaluation framework.
- Quality in the Statistical Information Life-Cycle: A Distributed System for Data Validation (INSPECTOR), IST-2000-26347, DG Information Society, European Commission , 2001-2003.
Main tasks: Development of a statistical application prototype, in Inprise Delphi and MS Access.
- Study on the Scalability of Certificate Revocation and Certificate Suspension and Proposals for Enhancements on the Respective Mechanisms, EU Research Contract. Project ETD/99/502536, European Commission Directorate General III, 2000.
Main tasks: Research Associate. Taxonomy of revocation mechanisms, development of evaluation metrics for revocation mechanisms, comparative evaluation based on these metrics, proposed enhancements to these mechanisms according to the requirements set forth by EU Laws and regulatory framework (ETSI work on Digital Signatures and EU Directive on Digital Signatures).
- 10. COSACC - Coordination of Security Activities between Chambers of Commerce (EU Research Contract. Project 4001AD, RTD in Telematics for Administrations, Telematics Applications Programme, Fourth Framework Programme, European Commission, DGXIII, 1998-2000).
Main tasks: Research Associate. Identification of primary business needs of European Union Chambers of Commerce in electronic communications and related legal and regulatory issues, analysis of requirements for Trusted Third Party services to support electronic co operation and interconnection of European CoCs, design, implementation, pilot deployment and testing of TTP services and mechanisms for CoCs that participated in COSACC, design, implementation and testing of Electronic Seals for EU CoCs to issue to their members.
- 11. EUROMED-ETS - Trusted Third Party Services for Health Care in Europe, EU Research Contract. INFOSEC Office Project No 20820, DGXIII, ETS I, European Commission, 1997.
Main tasks: Research Assistant. Installation pilot testing and documentation of information security services (Certificate Server, Directory Server and an SSL compliant Web Server) to support an hierarchical telemedicine network that links isolated medical centers across Europe.