Nokia Bell Labs in Belgium is inviting Master or PhD students for full-time (6-12 months) industrial internship in the area of future indoor networking. This position is part of future indoor network project with internal collaborations across Nokia Bell Labs in different locations. The key challenge of this internship is to develop autonomous and smart indoor access nodes based on advanced concepts of artificial intelligence. We strive to develop autonomous nodes by exploring sensing and learning mechanisms. The work is closely aligned with laboratory efforts in advanced prototyping, with a view to provide major refinements in the understanding of autonomous indoor networks, and the design tools for engineering applications. The work requires excellent analytical and experimental skills. Eligible applications will be assessed on the applicant’s (i) qualifications, (ii) experimental aptitude, (iii) technical skills, (iv) communication skills, and (v) motivation for the project. Duties & Responsibilities are:
1) Develop prototyping platform for smart indoor networks and implement novel planning and optimization algorithms.
2) Perform experimental and simulation proof of concepts to transfer concepts of artificial intelligence (AI) into future indoor networks.
3) Contribute to integrated 5G system design, controlling and architecture.
4) Participate in technical documentation, journal/conference publications and patenting.
Qualifications and Skills - must have:
- Master degree with distinctions or currently enrolled in PhD program.
- Knowledge of Wi-Fi networks: architecture, protocol design, system modeling, optimization and analysis.
- Good publication record: top-tier journals/conferences.
- Good communication skills and teamwork spirit.
- Fluent in English (oral and written).
- Excellent and extensive (embedded hardware) laboratory experience with prototyping/testbeds: USRBs, LEDE/OpenWRT, DD-WRT, emulation with ns-3 and MATLAB, R/Java/Java script/HTML/XML, C/C++ and Python).
- Excellent knowledge of artificial intelligence, intelligent agents and optimization (examples: machine intelligence, autonomous and adaptive systems, cognitive systems, neural computing, evolutionary systems).
- Excellent knowledge of machine learning and data analytics (examples: big data analytics, data science, social media analytics, predictive modeling, high dimensional data mining, video and visual analytics, data visualization, human computer interaction, robotics).
CHECK-LIST FOR THE APPLICANTS (information to accompany your CV)
√ I fulfill the legal work permit criteria for students in Belgium - I am below 30 years old.
√ At this moment I am Master graduate or enrolled in PhD program.
√ Please provide details about top-tier research works and academic transcripts.
√ For profile 1: I have a very strong background in prototyping and experimentation with embedded hardware. Please show (max 1 page) how your background is related to this project.
√ For profile 2: I have a very strong background in AI/ML. Please show (max 1 page) how your background is related to this project.
√ I understand the project description and it interests me. Enclose a half-page comment on the project, relating it to your own experience and vision, education and career goals.
√ I speak and write good English. Illustrate in your application.
How to apply?
Via Linkedin (https://be.linkedin.com/jobs/view/224553987) OR Nokia Carriers (http://www.nokia.com/en_int/careers/open-jobs/legacy-alcatel-lucent) and search for 16000007SY to apply. Please upload in a single document your CV, alongside the additional documents requested above in the checklist.
Please send the requested items in a check list in a single document together with your CV to:
Ramy Atawia (email@example.com) and Cc. Haris Gacanin (firstname.lastname@example.org)