|English Language 1|
|Title: ||English Language 1|
|Lesson Code: ||321-0121|
|Theory Hours: ||3|
|Lab Hours: ||1|
|Faculty: ||Landrou Eftichia|
The course includes comprehension activities on written and spoken texts, along with vocabulary exercises, grammar theory and practice, and speaking/writing exercises (e.g. letter, email, paragraph, summary). In addition, students are introduced to computing terminology.
Students who successfully complete the course will be familiar with basic concepts of English grammar and syntax, will have practised in understanding generic texts and will have developed their writing and speaking skills in English.
More specifically, upon successful completion of the course, the students will able to:
- understand written and spoken texts of general academic content in English.
- understand short written texts on information and communications technology.
- know basic vocabulary which is commonly used in texts and articles of general academic content.
- know basic vocabulary which is commonly used in texts on information and communications technology.
- know basic grammatical and syntactical structures and be able to use them correctly in simple sentences.
- produce written texts such as formal e-mail or letter, summary of short texts, argumentative paragraph.
- orally produce simple sentences, express opinions and give information necessary for everyday communication.
E. Kolethra - L. Balari-Petrianidi, English for Information Technology, Εκδόσεις Νέων Τεχνολογιών: 2010
|Learning Activities and Teaching Methods |
Exams and weekly assignments
|Assessment/Grading Methods |
Individual assignments, quizzes, final written exam
|| 3 hours
|| 25 hours (1 ECTS)
|Language of Instruction|
|Μode of delivery |