|Title: ||Διαχείριση Δικτύων|
|Lesson Code: ||321-8354|
|Theory Hours: ||3|
|Lab Hours: |
|Faculty: ||Kormentzas Georgios|
Management of TCP/IP based networks. SNMP protocol. Database of Information Management. Abstract transmision syntax. Management of OSI networks. CMIP protocol. Tree of Information management. Comparison of management of OSI and TCP/IP systems. Management of bridged networks. Spanning tree algorithms. TMN prototype. Modern technics/methods of management WBM, CORBA, Java-based.
Familiarity with Network Management aspects. Development of advanced engineering skills and experience on network management systems and associated tools and techniques. Awareness of lab-based exercises based on open management tools. Literature review.
Data networks and good understanding of english language
A. Miliou, P. Nikopolitidis, A. Pomportsis, "Network Managment', Tziola Eds., 2007.
1. “SNMP, SNMPv2, SNMPv3 and RMON 1 and 2”, William Stallings, Third edition, Addison Wesley.
2. “Network Management-Principles and Practice”, Mani Subramanian, Addison Wesley.
3. “Effective Management of Local Area Networks”, Kornel Terplan, McGraw-Hill Series on Computer Communications.
4. “Διαχείριση Δικτύων Τηλεπικοινωνιών”, E. Oikonomou, New Type.
5. “Total SNMP”, Sean Harnedy, McGraw-Hill.
|Learning Activities and Teaching Methods |
Writing examination (80%)
Mid-tem short examination on SNMP-based management (10%)
Two lab-based exercises (10%)
|Assessment/Grading Methods |
Lectures: 39 hours
Lab-based exercises: 20 hours
Personal study: 62 hours
Mid-term examination: 1 hour
Final examination: 3 hours
Total: 125 hours (5 ECTS)
|Language of Instruction|
|Greek, English (for Erasmus students)|
|Μode of delivery |